Dealing with the constant rain spammers.

Sukh123 said:

Yes you are right bro. Reducing rain is not fair.. but idea of forcing people to make rain so that they will only catch rain after this condition will not fair enough. This will reduce the users. Yes, Many users just send 1 meg like gl and got that big rains rather than those who were chatting from hours. And one more thing all rains should for all groups not for only English group. Like many people chatting in others room also they are equally deserves that rains. Because many people jump from others room to English when somebody rain big.

Agreed

Deivara said:

i agree 100% that's why i said this topic is very complicated, everyone have one idea and their own opinion, but when I think about this deeply we all thinking mod and users side, if i am a admin my point of view only site profit if we implement this site will lost many users because all users are not well educated to speak english, as i said we can add spam words list to rain bot algorithm so they all automatically will stop by bot and then mod want notice this manually if a user doing spam for example he chatting only "nice" "gl" "congrts" and not contributing other things ( topics ) in chat we can considerthey are spamming then mod want to mute those peoples manually, as i know this is the only solution because we cannot push users to make rains compulsory to catch rains and also we can not push users to deposit compulsory because if i bust huge amount this money my one and only recovery chance is rain and faucets, if we push users they never comeback again here so we must want to think about all users and site growth so it's very complicated mod must want to do this manually and also want to update rain bot algorithm, i don't know any other solutions

Totally agreed

Like I said for 128 times so far :) We're not actually gona ban and for regular members to rain , we would do it to the ones that are only spamming to get rain , which means all the people who are regular chatters , in the sense that they don't only spam the chat with GL and WOW , wouldn't have anything to worry about.

And also , nothing is actually happening so far , this is just a discussion , it's possible nothing will happen at all , and we'll just stick with bob's method of just muting spammers .

Sukh123 said:

Yes you are right bro. Reducing rain is not fair.. but idea of forcing people to make rain so that they will only catch rain after this condition will not fair enough. This will reduce the users. Yes, Many users just send 1 meg like gl and got that big rains rather than those who were chatting from hours. And one more thing all rains should for all groups not for only English group. Like many people chatting in others room also they are equally deserves that rains. Because many people jump from others room to English when somebody rain big.

I nvere jump one room to another and I have many screen shots where people jump from one to another but mod hive warning only when I complain and if I same do this mods mute me without any warning. I do this mistake first time and last time 4 months ago. Someone saying don't trap anyone

Kirito89 said:

Like I said for 128 times so far :) We're not actually gona ban and for regular members to rain , we would do it to the ones that are only spamming to get rain , which means all the people who are regular chatters , in the sense that they don't only spam the chat with GL and WOW , wouldn't have anything to worry about.

And also , nothing is actually happening so far , this is just a discussion , it's possible nothing will happen at all , and we'll just stick with bob's method of just muting spammers .

i think a lot misunderstood this topic... idk why some thinks that we are asking to reduced the rain. where the truth is we are only wanting to reduce those rain hunters that only do is to spam chat with nonsense comments... those rains they get are supposed to be for those deserving ones.

aishteru said:

i think a lot misunderstood this topic... idk why some thinks that we are asking to reduced the rain. where the truth is we are only wanting to reduce those rain hunters that only do is to spam chat with nonsense comments... those rains they get are supposed to be for those deserving ones.

Yeah , and mostly , because of the rain hunters , the actual members who are chatting , normal good conversations and not the "wow , gl " messages are missing out because of it. But anyway was expecting a lot of controversy on this topic .

Kirito89 said:

Yeah , and mostly , because of the rain hunters , the actual members who are chatting , normal good conversations and not the "wow , gl " messages are missing out because of it. But anyway was expecting a lot of controversy on this topic .

true nuff and like what ive said its hard to explain if the person we are trying to talk dont want to listen or understand.

those who rain should definitely have more chance than spammers at getting some. Imagine for a moment that you pour rain and then you get none... however those who say hi i'm back 7 million times a day with broken English get them.... very disappointing for Solenya. There are a few who post their hits and stats in indian and english chat boxes... very undecent ... congrats lucky catchers is also.... I believe the human touch is inevitable. The name of mods muting spammers should not be disclosed, as to help them do their job and doge the eventual whining spam of pampamers

aishteru said:

it was misunderstood by many indeed.,but the whole idea of muting rain hunters and chat spammers on rainy days is definitely good...many will get angry to the mods but this is a rule since the beginning,we are just being kind...i remember it was a command from duckhunt to mute thoe 1 word and emojie chatter.

mharckie said:

it was misunderstood by many indeed.,but the whole idea of muting rain hunters and chat spammers on rainy days is definitely good...many will get angry to the mods but this is a rule since the beginning,we are just being kind...i remember it was a command from duckhunt to mute thoe 1 word and emojie chatter.

that's why I think that the names of mods doing this should not be shown.

Solenya said:

that's why I think that the names of mods doing this should not be shown.

hhhmmmm,.well its a good idea not to show who muted someone.,let it as a surprize,.lol

Have any rain changes been implemented? I think that I have received rain thrice since the format of the rain messaged changed and only once since the last time I did a rain (if memory serves trying to be accurate here). Of course randomness and whatnot, just wanted to check since I've noticed this.

Edit: I have been chatting less than normal the past couple of months, but I used to get more rains on less chat for sure

No change to the rain format as far as I know , in my oppinion it's just that the amount of rain spam has increased considerably , so probably people who post 1-2 meaningfull messages will stand no chance against the army of wow and bros.

mharckie said:

but we are the shock absorber here.... most of the time, and add some angry creatures whining in chat. ah those were some intense scenes in chat.

Nodwarf said:

Have any rain changes been implemented? I think that I have received rain thrice since the format of the rain messaged changed and only once since the last time I did a rain (if memory serves trying to be accurate here). Of course randomness and whatnot, just wanted to check since I've noticed this.

Edit: I have been chatting less than normal the past couple of months, but I used to get more rains on less chat for sure

Too late to edit my post, but within the hour I posted this I caught a rain from duckhunt so... disregardpost?